Broadcast live, we're here to share our collective knowledge and experiences in response to your live questions about spiritual growth and more! This is an audio-only version of video-based show, and the podcast may contain references to visuals from the original episode. Watch this episode on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwk3lbnkA-I
Read a written recap - https://swedenborg.com/recap-spiritual-questions-answered-1-28-19/
★☆★QUESTIONS ASKED IN THIS EPISODE★☆★
1) Are halos and angel wings a real thing? https://youtu.be/CalqeXUE5Fs?t=11m12s
2) Does Swedenborg write of people who were mentally challenged, such as Down syndrome or cerebral palsy and their transition into heaven? https://youtu.be/CalqeXUE5Fs?t=18m38s
3) Did Swedenborg have any thoughts on pre-existence? https://youtu.be/CalqeXUE5Fs?t=24m14s
4) Do spirits that are now living in heaven need to eat? https://youtu.be/CalqeXUE5Fs?t=32m11s
5) If spirits and angels need us in order for them to exist, if the earth were to be destroyed by the sun or an asteroid, would all spirits and angels whom are part of “earth” be destroyed too? https://youtu.be/CalqeXUE5Fs?t=54m28s
6) People experience dark thoughts from dark spirits. Suggestions for explaining to suffering people those thoughts do not come from them, who maybe are not ready for the spiritual realm explanation? https://youtu.be/CalqeXUE5Fs?t=59m5s
True Christianity - https://swedenborg.com/product/true-christianity-1-nce/ Divine Providence - https://swedenborg.com/product/divine-providence-nce/ Divine Love and Wisdom - https://swedenborg.com/product/divine-love-wisdom-nce/
Swedenborg and Life is brought to you by the Swedenborg Foundation—a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, independent, educational organization for those seeking to explore spirituality and faith. http://www.swedenborg.com
★☆★SUPPORT THE SHOW★☆★
BECOME A PATREON SUBSCRIBER Now you can support us through the crowdfunding website that offers monthly subscriptions! Patreon supporters will get behind-the-scenes videos, including bonus interviews, making-of videos, & more. https://www.patreon.com/offthelefteye
MAKE A ONE-TIME DONATION
Click on the "i" button in the top right corner of the video and then click on Support This Channel. When you donate, as a nonprofit we get 100% of your donation (Google covers the processing fees). Your contact information will not be shared.
Donate through PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=ZADSY8EZ62QLU
BECOME A MEMBER Support all the work of the Swedenborg Foundation. http://www.swedenborg.com/membership
SHOP OUR MERCH 15% of proceeds from our Redbubble store help us continue to offer free spiritual resources just like the videos seen here. http://www.redbubble.com/people/swedenborgfound/shop
Hit the SUBSCRIBE button to be notified every time we upload new videos to our channel!
E-MAIL SIGN-UP - http://www.swedenborg.com/email-signup/ OFFTHELEFTEYE FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HeavenAndHellSwedenborg SWEDENBORG FOUNDATION FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/SwedenborgFoundation TWITTER - https://twitter.com/swedenborgfound
Curtis Childs is the digital media producer at the Swedenborg Foundation. While obtaining his degree in communication studies from Oakland University, Curtis experienced an internal battle with depression that led him to question God and his lifelong interest in Swedenborgian theology. After a period of intense suffering, he recovered from his depression with the help of modern medicine, therapy, and a return to the spiritually uplifting messages he found in Swedenborg’s writings. Now, Curtis is applying his education and desire to help others find peace through Swedenborg’s insights by producing and hosting this weekly webcast.
Rev. Dr. Jonathan S. Rose is the series editor of the New Century Edition, an ongoing project that incorporates the latest scholarship to produce a modern, accessible translation of Emanuel Swedenborg’s theological works. Holder of a B.A. and a M.Div. in religion and a M.A. and a Ph.D. in Latin, he has worked for years in the study of Neo-Latin and in Swedenborgian research. He was both chaplain and a tenured professor of religion and sacred languages at Bryn Athyn College before taking on his current position with the Swedenborg Foundation.
Want to be a featured guest on our show or have Curtis Childs appear on your show Contact us through the About tab/section of this channel.